AFFECTION = CONNECTION
Affection plays a vital role in our feelings of happiness and even fulfillment. Lack of affection in our life often leads to loneliness, pain, and even depression. While more of it (when with the right person) brings comfort, connection, and security.
A common reason why couples fall out of love is that they lack intimacy and affection. Many of us have fears around intimacy that make us want to keep certain people at an emotional distance.
However, small affectionate moments can have a big ripple effect on your relationship. You can quickly start seeing your partner become more affectionate with you when you show small intimate gestures towards them. The key is to find ways of showing affection that feels comforting to you and those you love. When you do this, it can have amazing benefits!
Taking time to show simple gestures of affection tells your husband that he is more important than any other man, and tells your wife you appreciate her. Giving your kids a big hug makes them feel loved and is healthy for their mind and growth - it can even help stop temper tantrums.
If you need some ideas for small simple ways to show affection to those you love, here are a few ways to get started:
- Give your kids a big long hug before they leave for school.
- Kiss your husband for longer than 3 seconds.
- Kiss your wife on the forehead.
- If someone you love is feeling tense, give them a short shoulder massage.
- Gently stroke your partners arm or back.
- Greet people at the door when they come home with a warm hug & welcome. Don't ignore them at the door!
- Tickle your kids.
- Make people laugh.
- Play and be silly together (sports and activities are also a great form of physical contact).
- Dance Together.
- Hold Hands.
- Start and end the day with a kiss.
- Cuddle in bed together.
- Plan time for intimacy with your partner, when life gets busy, sometimes scheduling this on a certain date/time is a way to make it more common.
These are just simple reminders of ways we can be more affectionate, sometimes it just takes a little reminder to make time for more bonding in our lives. For a daily reminder to do simple love tasks like these make sure to grab yourself a copy of The Beauty Journal
Even small gestures like sitting close to your partner while watching TV can let them know that you care. And remember, when someone you love (or ourselves) is angry, sad or in pain, this is usually when we need affection the most.
Today's challenge is to show affection to someone you love. Even the smallest thing like holding hands or hugging your puppy counts!
Post what affection act you did today in the comment box below.
May you have a beautiful & loving day.
With love & kindness,
Start practicing love tasks like this every day with The Beauty Journal. It's the simplest way to get you happier, thinking positive, and feel good every day.
- Challenge Prize -
To be eligible for your Free Gift at the end of this challenge post your love task in the comment box below.
Did you complete yesterdays challenge?If you did, please share a compliment you gave someone in the blog post.