AFFECTION = CONNECTION
Affection plays a vital role in our feelings of happiness and even fulfillment. Lack of affection in our life often leads to loneliness, pain, and even depression. While more of it (when with the right person) brings comfort, connection, and security.
A common reason why couples fall out of love is that they lack intimacy and affection. Many of us have fears around intimacy that make us want to keep certain people at an emotional distance.
However, small affectionate moments can have a big ripple effect your relationship. You can quickly start seeing your partner become more affectionate with you when you show small intimate gestures with them. The key is to find ways of showing affection that feels comfortable to you and those you love. When you do this, it can have amazing benefits!
Taking time to show simple gestures of affection tells your husband that he is more important than any other man, and tells your wife you appreciate her. Giving your kids a big hug makes them feel loved and is healthy for their mind and growth - it can even help stop temper tantrums.
Showing affection can sometimes feel hard or complicated. If you need some ideas for small simple ways to show affection to those you love, here are a few ways to get started:
- Give your kids a big long hug before they leave for school.
- Kiss your husband for longer than 3 seconds.
- Kiss your wife on the forehead.
- If someone you love is feeling stressed give them a short shoulder massage.
- Gently Scratch your partners back.
- Greet people at the door when they come home with a warm hug & welcome. Don't ignore them.
- Tickle your kids.
- Make people laugh.
- Play and be silly together (sports and activities are also a great form of physical contact)
- Dance Together.
- Hold Hands.
- Start and end the day with a kiss.
- Plan time for intimacy with your partner, when life gets busy, sometimes scheduling this on a certain date/time is a way to make it more common.
These are just simple reminders of ways we can be more affectionate, it just takes a little reminder sometimes to make time for more bonding in our day. Even small gestures like sitting close to your partner while watching TV can let them know that you care. And remember, when we are angry, sad or in pain is usually when we need affection the most.
Today's challenge is to show affection to someone you love. Even the smallest thing like holding hands or hugging your puppy counts.
Post what you did today in the comment box below.
May you have a loving day.
With Love & Kindness,
- Challenge Prize -
To be eligible for your Free Gift at the end of this challenge post your love task in the comment box below.
Did you complete yesterdays challenge?If you did, please share a compliment you gave in the blog post.